A look at what prospective Democratic presidential candidates are up to:
- Senator Kamala Harris is working on “The Truths We Hold: An American Journey,” a memoir to be published by Penguin Press on January 8, 2019. Memoirs and book deals are widely seen as stepping stones for presidential aspirants as a means to raise their national profile.
- Governor Steve Bullock will assume the one-year chairmanship of the National Governors Association at the organization’s annual meeting in Santa Fe, N.M. this weekend. A few days earlier, he announced his Good Jobs for All Americans initiative, which will look at ways states can improve employment and workforce opportunities. A report will be presented at the organization’s meeting next summer in Bullock’s home state of Montana.
- Journalist April Ryan tweeted that former Attorney General Eric Holder is “seriously considering” entering the 2020 presidential race, citing sources close to Holder.
- Former Vice President Joe Biden said he would make up his mind to run for president by next January. He made the comments during a forum in Bogota, Colombia.
- Former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is in Texas this weekend campaigning for Colin Allred, the Democratic candidate running against Republican Rep. Pete Sessions in Texas’s 32rd Congressional District. The Cook Political Report ranks the race as a toss-up.